Chicken Veggie Mac
Super simple meal that has all the food groups in one delicious bowl. When I made this for the blog, I used broccoli as my vegetable and I used store-brand “deluxe” mac and cheese (the “cheese” is ready to mix with no milk or butter required), but you are free to use whatever you see fit for the mac and veggie part of this recipe.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 cups of frozen veggies
- 1 box of “deluxe” mac and cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Put a pot of water on the burner to bring to a boil while you make the chicken
2. Cut your chicken breast into 1 inch cubes like so:
3. Season your chicken however you like. (I used house seasoning for mine: lemon pepper + garlic salt)
4. Cook your chicken in an oiled pan on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until browned.
5. While you boil the macaroni, steam your veggies by putting them in a bowl with a paper towel on top and microwave for 2 minutes, stir, then another minute.
6. Once your macaroni is finished, combine your chicken, veggies, and cheese in a pot with a splash of milk and stir. Sometimes I top it off with some grated pecorino or toasted bread crumbs to make it fancy.